Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69

Thread: Big stone gap food lion

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Deano68's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2009
    Posts
    76
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Compare them sometimes.

  2. #52
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Quote Originally Posted by Deano68 View Post
    Compare them sometimes.
    Compare WM's prices to other stores? I do so on a regular basis. You consistently get more bang for your buck at WM versus Food City, Food Lion, Payless, etc.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    like i said, kroger has the best cuts of meats along with earth fare.
    during the summer i go to kroger, once a week to get a steak. earth fares are just as good, lil more expensive but I know its a quality piece of meat.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  4. #54
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    I am what you call a "cherry picker'' shopper. I look at the weekly ads,, and plan my meals on what is on sale. Are there any INGLES shoppers?? That is where I do most of my shopping. Every grocery store is cheaper on some items than their competitors. Ingles has some good sale items. I think boneless skinless chicken tenders are $1.88 a pound this week. Last week boneless skinless breasts were $1.78. Guess what I am eating this week??
    When you become senile, you won't know it.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Here in NC we have the high end Earth Fare ( 1 store) and Whole Foods , as welll as , 3 NC based chains - Lowes Foods (about 100 stores) , Harris Teeter ( about 200 stores) and Food Lion ( about 1200 stores) . We also have Bi-lo based out of SC ( about 200 stores) . On the low end there is Aldi a German based worldwide chain . They do not supply bags although they will sell them to you and you have to deposit a quarter to get a buggy out of lockup and relock it up to get your quarter back . Most of their food is private label , very little known brands but they do have a 200 % guarantee . Save-A-Lot is also a low end grocery . Food is sold from cut open cases not stocked on shelves like normal . Then there is Wally that rocks more groceries than anyone else .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  6. #56
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    I stopped in at a Bi-Lo while at Myrtle Beach this summer and their name is just the opposite of what I needed. It was Bi-Hi instead.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #57
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeebaseball View Post
    like i said, kroger has the best cuts of meats along with earth fare.
    during the summer i go to kroger, once a week to get a steak. earth fares are just as good, lil more expensive but I know its a quality piece of meat.
    Try Bob's Market...if they're even still open. I don't live in the Gap anymore so I'm not sure. Support local business.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #58
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Bob's is still open.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #59
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    I buy all my ground beef at Bob's. Cost just slightly more than at the chain stores (when on sell / about the same regular price). It has a far better taste, no additives. Plus Scotty can weigh out an exact amount in nothing flat.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Plus, you can see them grind it and the whole operation is right there, nothing to hide. Believe me there are some things that go on behind those chain store meat doors that you do not what to know about.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •